Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Saturday 15 June 2013

Candles and altered art...

Whenever there is a celebration like Hallowe'en or Christmas
 I find such lovely serviettes around, that I just have to use them to decorate candles. 

You just separate the layers so that you have just the one with the printing on,
 wrap this around the candle with a layer of greaseproof paper on top
 and heat set it with an embossing gun.

This is a candle I decorated at Easter while staying at my Mum and Dad's -
 in this case I had to resort to the hairdryer which is OK but not quite so good!!


When I got home to Abu Dhabi, I decorated another to go in this lovely
 'candle lantern' that I won in a raffle!!


Still on with candles, some friends were doing an altered wineglass challenge -
 I couldn't take part but this was my example -
 just a little posy and some matching ribbon...


And that got me thinking about wine and corks - and an altered cork!
I found this teeny tiny cork - that is a shirt button alongside.
With a few beads, ribbon and pins and a little time, this is what I came up with...
Initially I put in a brown bead in the middle. but decided I preferred a bit of mother-of-pearl.


We are in the process of packing up to leave Abu Dhabi -
 whilst 'sorting' I came across a pair of blue glass tea-light holders.
I thought they would look rather nice with a bit of adornment!
I glued an assortment of blue buttons all around the edges...




Happy Crafting!!

1 comment:

  1. So many gorgeous altered items Susan but I love the buttons added to the candle holders! So creative! Thanks so much for playing along in our SnS Birthday Bash and my button challenge at Creating with Paper & More! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.