Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Friday 6 December 2013

Little gift box

It is so good to have access to my Big Shot and my dies again -
 they have been in storage for 4 months
 between packing in Abu Dhabi and unpacking in Mumbai!

Anyway I was thinking about putting up the Christmas tree and maybe making some little gift boxes to hang on it - maybe for a few sweets, or a walnut whip (ever my favourite!)

In my die box I have the Sizzix Box, long triangle.
I chose some pretty paper and...


I attached the ribbon with a brad (from Naif Street in Dubai) before glueing two side flaps - the base folds in and can be opened.

I then thought about decorating. During the Summer I came across the Tim Holtz snowflake rosette die - I have used his plain rosette die a lot - see my photo to the right.

 

You really need a glue gun to make these as the folds need 
a quick drying glue to keep them in place.
These were made using the same double sided paper as the box.

Version #1 



My next version uses Bugaboo's akvsantapresents - I printed it quite small, cut it and a backing oval with nesting dies and decorated it with Promarkers and glitter.


I am going to link this to Catch the Bug's Holiday Chaos Celebration
December 2nd - gift wrapped

and also


Happy Crafting!





3 comments:


  1. Another fabulous Christmas project, Susan. So glad you joined us in our ABC Holiday Chaos challenge at Catch The Bug. :) Becky G Bugaboo DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning gift box so much fun . Thanks you for joining us atStampin with the Dragon for our Gift and Decoration challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Holiday Chaos Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our newe THEME Challenge that starts tomorrow! We hope you’ll play along!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.