Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Wednesday 25 February 2015

A Step in the Dark - New Challenge


Today another Anything Goes (Dark or Not) Challenge starts at A Step in the Darkness

Here is my DT Make:



My image is a garden gate so this is a gate fold card - tied up with a gauzy ribbon...the second picture shows it standing in a not quite finished version...




 I started with a strip of card from a plain 12 by 12 and scored and folded it at 2,4,8 and 10 inches.



I then  added DP from my stash trimmed to size, with corners internally rounded and distressed with shabby shutters.



I was lucky enough to use the Garden Gate from Wilmer Art.

This came as a pre-coloured and a line version - I used both,

This is the pre-coloured version for the front.



I  coloured the second image in only greys and added a spider and web!!
I drew the web myself but the spider is one of my favourite Viva Las Vegas Stamps!

  
My card looked like this after adding these two sections:


You may have noticed the SU Eek stamp...I decided to stamp this and add it to a spring...




So now we have this:



To finish off I added 3 more spiders and lines of web on the final panel



'Laid out the card now looks like this - the spiders are all hidden when the card is tied up!







Do hop over to ASITD!

Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

  1. How cool is that - such a brilliant design and shape. The two image idea is brilliant and I really love your little spiders :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.