Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 24 January 2016

4th Poe-st


EDGAR ALLAN POE APPRECIATION DAY



Let the Poe Show begin!
OK so here's my 4th Poe-st...

My plan this year is to get 'inkier' and use lots more different techniques...

so the other day I had a go at the 'kissing technique' 





  • Choose a solid stamp and a decorative one
  • Ink the solid stamp in a lightish colour and the decorative one in a deeper shade
  • Stamp the decorative one onto the solid one as in 'kissing'
  • Stamp the solid stamp onto the card! 
Well... that Smeared Ink Poe rubber stamp from Nevermore  is a solid stamp - so I decided to try this technique with a variety of other stamps using 'brushed corduroy' and black inks, firstly on scraps of desert storm Neenah and finally on white card.

The results were not brilliant but I got some good 'mottled' looks see what you think!
I cut out the images and layered them on dimensionals to make three ATCs all started on bases of brown card.


  • The background for this one is just a snippet from my scraps - the Poe stamp was 'kissed' with a lattice from the same set. On each ATC I also added a small raven using my
Viva Las Vegas small raven 3/4 x 3/4 stamp and some sequins.





  • For this second one I decided to use the same decorative stamp as in the Coffee mug at the top - from Dark Room Door. The background is a Smeared ink stamp designed by Rick St Dennis, stamped with both inks added to the rubber stamp on white, and cut to size.




  • The black and brown inks can be distinguished on this background more easily. This time I used the skull background to 'kiss' the Poe stamp...






I will link this to the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #51 T is for technique
and Forever Dark - Anything Goes
Just realised I didn't link this to Quoth the Raven Anything Poe - will do it now!!
Happy Crafting!




WORDPRESS CODE

16 comments:

  1. Fantastic ATC's Susan!
    Thanks for sharing and for joining the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS for our "T is for Technique" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your ATC's... great backgrounds with all the skulls!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH, blogger is acting up...3rd times the charm..here goes ;0).
    Those are wicked cool! Way to go with all the experimentation! Thx again for joining me on this fab Poe appreciation hop! See you next year on Jan 19, 2017 bwahahahaha :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. ..Jan 19th 2017!! I was beginning to think blogger was working better. All last week I was getting the 'check your profile' message every time I tried to get on my blogs...

      Delete
  4. Your ATCs are awesome! Great use of the kissing technique — I would never have thought to use it on a *realistic* image, but it works so well on EAP! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the three ATC's textures and images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kissing technique is a great one to do I did this some years back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wondeful technique! Thank you for sharing your amazing work with us over at the Sisterhood for Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'd never heard of Edgar Allan Poe Appreciation Day but your ATCs are brilliant!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely ATCs, great job on the Kissing technique, Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the T is for Technique challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How super cool they are :-) I love all of them. Thank you very much for coming to play at QUOTH THE RAVEN :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    QTR Author


    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are a gorgeous set of ATC's Susan... love them. Thanks again for joining us this month at QTR. BDx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely ATC's Susan. Thank you for playing along with us QTR x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.