Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Monday 1 February 2016

Dragons Lair New Collection


Please take a look at my Candy here


Today, the first day of February, is launch day for a new collection at
and it's lovely!!



I was very fortunate to have a mini kit to play with...I love the designs and colours...

I decided to use just two elements - papers in these lovely greens, blues and yellows.

My make is an Easter basket.
 I was shown how to make one of these at the UKSN Crafty retreat last June.





I was just going to use the two Understated Elegance papers but I decided I needed more of a contrast for the side panels so I also found some brown card in my stash.




I cut 12 pieces of the floral DP 0.75 in by 4.5 in and matted them onto brown 1.25 in by 4.5 in.
I also cut a piece 0.75 in wide about 10 in long and matted this onto brown 1.25 in wide  too - this makes the handle.




Using a beige 12 x 12 I made the base scoring it into 4 inch squares, cutting 4 slits as shown so that it will fold up into a box. I cut squares just slighly less that 4 inches to be placed as shown on the outside



and like this on the inside - I also covered the centre middle of this.






Next, the handle is glued in place, sandwiched between the layers and then the basket sides are stuck together.



Next the side decorations...Each 4.5 strip is scored at 0.25 inches from top and bottom. The 12 strips are stuck to the bottom edge of the basket using these small folds.



Once dry the top edges are fixed too.

Finally using double sided tape I added ribbon around the top and a bow...





Do have a look at Dragons Lair Shop to see Understated Elegance and many other beautiful Digital Collections!

Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

  1. A lot of work but a beautiful project when it is done.
    The colors are so pretty.
    Have to try this.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely Susan. What pretty colours you used. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.