Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Amazing Race Art Journaling Challenge


I decided to enter into the Amazing Race Art Journaling Challenge on Facebook

Leg One is China!

Of course I could have chosen many things to put in my journal having lived in Hong Kong for two and a half years (I left 10 years ago) and having visited various places in China at different times.

This is on the Great Wall in 2008:


However I decided to follow the links in the brief and see where that took me...


My double page spread started with a little colour from cleaning a brayer when I had been using is before! But basically I decided to keep my pages monochromatic.
I wanted to just use red as it is such an auspicious colour!
I added Distress ink around all sides using 'fired brick'.

My first idea was to add a stencil to each page still using fired brick.
I used a stamp set (freebie from a magazine) to add Chinese images in black Stazon - this is the left hand side:


On the right hand side I tried some Chinese Brush Painting
having watched this video on Bamboo painting for beginners

I added some red lanterns to this painting with red Stazon and another stamp from the free set.


Thought I would just add this picture of me with a Chinese lantern...


Next I tried my hand at Chinese paper cutting after looking at these tutorials:
Double Happiness
and
 Butterfly
I used thin red paper and attached two of the happiness papers and one butterfly.


Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

  1. Two absolutely stunning journal pages Susan. They look really good in the monochrome, very Oriental. I'm impressed with your paper cutting. That is a super butterfly. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very oriental.
    Love the vivid red.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy the lantern.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.