Pages

Thursday, 30 March 2017

A Year of ATCs? - Day 89

This is my 89th make for A year of ATCs?

and my first of three ATCs using 'Elmo'
 from the Limited Runs Progressive Challenge on Facebook.

Image may contain: text


Here's my ATC:





I started with a pink card blank.
To this I added a background made using the bleeding tissue technique,
 with a strip of washi wrapped around it.
I coloured the image with a variety of markers, cut it out and glued it in place.


I added the tag (printed on the computer, cut out with a Sissix die and with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink around the edges) with a flower brad.
Finally I added some googly eyes.




Happy Crafting!

Wednesday, 29 March 2017

A Year of ATCs? - Day 88

This is my 88th make for A year of ATCs?




I recently won some stamps from Sin City Stamps...find them here on Facebook.
They were sent along with the skull stamp - a prize from Dream In Darkness.


Find that fabulous face stamp and a couple of the others here



I decided I would make a pocket letter so first I made 9 ATCs.
Each of 9 rectangles was adhered to pink neon card - not a colour I use often!

I started the rectangles by printing white card with distress ink,
 rolled onto bubble wrap with a brayer.
I then placed strips of masking tape across the 9 rectangles in various directions. I added Picked Raspberry distress ink in the spaces.
Next I added strips of washi tape also in various directions. 
I cut the rectangles apart and overprinted with 4 of the stamps in black, brown and red Ink.
I trimmed them to fit onto the pink neon.


I then put the 9 ATCs into a pocket letter folder.


I will link this to Dream In Darkness March Challenge 

If you would like this pocket letter sent to you - comment below - I will draw a name out of the hat from any comments made in a couple of weeks.

Happy Crafting!

Tuesday, 28 March 2017

A Year of ATCs? - Day 87

This is my 87th make for A year of ATCs?



The background for this ATC uses the 'bleeding tissue' technique, matted on a scrap of black card. This is a very muted background.



I then added Dragons Lair Hoppy Takes Cover coloured with a variety of markers.
Finally I added some tiny butterfly brads.





Happy Crafting!

Monday, 27 March 2017

Left Overs

Last weekend I went on a crafty retreat - had a great time -
when I came back I found I had a few things to use up...

I had used my journal to 'use up' paint from my brayer:


I then had some circles of art tissue - so I used them with the 'bleeding tissue' technique - painting them in place with water. I then just left them to dry.


We had made some 'crackling' texture paste using
1 part cornflour
1/2 part white acrylic paint
1/4 part white PVA glue

I applied this through stencils and allowed to dry.
I then added colour using Spectrum Noir pens.


I then added 'brushed corduroy' distress ink around the edges.



You can see the 'crackle' particularly around the lady's face.


I was delighted to receive a stamp prize from Dream in Darkness recently - I will make something with it soon - watch this space!!

Happy Crafting!