Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 10 January 2016

Happy Bird Day

I am a member of the UK Stampers Network
Last year I attended two crafty retreats with them and hope to do the same this year...
But our main occupation is exchanging crafty makes by post...

For example, this is my collection of ATC books



and here is a selection of the hand-made Christmas cards I received this year...


One of our sections is the Got 'n'Give list - a book is sent to a participart via 5 others who add to it a decorated page and some embellishment or other from their stash.
The recipient then makes a card for each of the five using the appropriate embellishment, thinking 'outside the box'.

I just received my first GnG book - one of the pages had seven yellow beads...so...


A rectangular card base was matted and layered with yellow then textured cream papers.
I masked and stamped these four Tim Holtz Crazy Birds - stamps brand-new to me!! - and used letter stamps to spell out my sentiment.
Finally I added the beads, google eyes and gold stickles to the beaks.

I will add this to the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge


 I will link this to Crafty Friends #22


Happy Crafting!




3 comments:

  1. Y'all have so much fun with your paper crafting.
    Love the crazy birds.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, the crazy birds are very cute, especially with those wobbly eyes. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your card with the 'Use Something New' challenge over at CRAFTY FRIENDS'... your card is gorgeous, I love these bird stamps... Happy New Year and good luck in the challenge, Diane Louise (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.