Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 3 January 2016

House of Cards


I am so excited to be joining a new Design Team - this time for House of Cards!!

The team includes


Cohenna | Donna | Dotty Jo Em | Emily | Heather
Jane | Judy | Karen | Katarzyna Ewa * | Katy | Leslie* | Linda
Merethe | Merlina* | Michele | Paula* | Rocky | Rosi | Ruza
Shawna | Shirley* | Steph | Sue N. | Sue T. | ME | Tina* | Toni

This is my first make for HOC...

This month's Challenge is to use embossing and/or the following
 Inspiration/Colour Combo


Isn't it lovely?
I chose to use the greens although my photos do not seem to show them in their true colours...


I started with a very dark green card blank and embossed it using Indian Ornamental from Sheena's Indian collection of embossing folders.

I then followed with layers of white and the same dark green.

Using a SU Friendly background stamp I embossed some white card with white opaque embossing powder.
I then die cut two butterflies from it and highlighted the main area with Forest Moss Distress Ink, and the butterflies with Certainly Celery.
This is an Emboss Resist technique - find more details here


Leaving the butterflies in the dies means that they have a small border all the way round...I replaced the butterflies in the background.



Finally I added a flower embellishment.


Hope to see your make at House and Cards!

Happy Crafting!


21 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Susan, I love all the shades of green (my fav colour) :o)
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Congratulations on being on the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team! Fantastic card--love the resist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that idea of using the die for the resist. have to try that one.
    The card is wonderful.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one of the newbies to HOC DT too and looking forward to seeing all the creativity on this team. Love your butterflies, I to did an emboss resist with Kraft. Love to go back to the old techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CAS yet elegant card! Glad to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan, love all your embossing here. I want to welcome you to the HOC DT team and hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
    Happy new year too.
    Welcome Newbie :)

    (✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I can't get over all of the details! Amazing! Great debut card and welcome to the team! jane hoc dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent. Love the shadow around the butterflies. Embossing is wonderful. Great card design.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent. Love the shadow around the butterflies. Embossing is wonderful. Great card design.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is TOTALLY fabulous! I LOVE the amazing technique you shared with us! SO PRETTY! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Those pretty green flowers look magical! I am really impressed! Have a warm and crafty 2016!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for the kind comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, beautiful card and embellishing! So glad you joined the team. Donna HOC teammate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous, beautiful card and embellishing! So glad you joined the team. Donna HOC teammate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning and beautiful! Welcome to the team:o)
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card; thank you for sharing your tip regarding the butterflies - I'm anxious to try it out. I love all the details you have added to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card; thank you for sharing your tip regarding the butterflies - I'm anxious to try it out. I love all the details you have added to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Neat emboss resist / die cutting technique I've not seen before on your lovely card. Welcome to the HOC team !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Susan, it's gorgeous! I love the embossed background and emboss resist is one of my favorite techniques.
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Susan! Beautiful butterflies, I love the contrast of colors and textures. Thanks for sharing with us! Happy to see you... Paula.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.